Spark is a new urban gathering space located in the heart of Mission Bay. We are a food truck park, beer/sangria garden, and event space designed to bring the neighborhood together for fun times, day or night. We collaborate with small businesses to ignite the spirit of community by creating warm and welcoming spaces to grub and gather. We work with over 150 food trucks from all over the Bay Area which we rotate every single day for both lunch and dinner.
Spark is developed by the SoMa StrEat Food Park team and is their 2nd endeavor to build community by cultivating social spaces around street food.
The Mission Bay location is a partnership with Parklab, a project of District Development, transforming vacant lots into creative community hubs in SF’s newest neighborhood.
Spark was designed and built by San Francisco-based LMNOP Design, which specializes in branded environments and public spaces. LMNOP provided turn-key design and construction services for Spark, including initial concept and design development, site layout, permitting, branding, value engineering, project management, custom fabrication, and construction.
1. Where do I park? SPARK is surrounded by street metered parking. We do recommend public transportation to get to us. Take Muni line T to the Mission Bay stop or take Caltrain and get off at 4th and King. It’s a short 10-minute stroll from there!
2. Where can I see the truck lineup? Our truck lineup is updated every day at 10am on our social media pages, and here.
3. How do I make a reservation? SPARK has various options that can accommodate different group sizes. Book your next event with us here.
4. Do I have to make a reservation to go to SPARK? No, you do not. However, we recommend making reservations if you’d like a guaranteed area for your group of 10+ people. Otherwise, we have first come first serve seating throughout SPARK and the Field.
5. What’s happening at SPARK from 3-5? Most trucks are closed, rotating in and out to prep for dinner at 5pm. However, we always have at least 1 truck open, as well as the Sip Bar.
6. Can I get order catering? For reservations, you can pre-order party platters from our permanent food truck vendors scheduled on the day of your event. Email us at email@example.com to request a list of the food trucks scheduled for a particular day. If you’re interested in booking trucks for your offsite event, visit here.
7. What’s another option for purchasing food and drinks for my party? If you'd like to pay for everyone’s meal and beverages, we offer customized SPARK tickets as an option for your group. For more information, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Can I bring my own food or drinks? No, outside food and drinks are allowed, with the exception of cake, cupcakes, and bottled water for special occasions. Please bring in your own utensils for the cake, for we do not have any to provide.
9. Can I bring my pet? Yes, your furry friends are welcome at SPARK, however, they are not allowed on the Field.
10. Can I bring my kids? Yes, SPARK is family-friendly!
11. I have my own truck, can I become a vendor? Yes, you can find our new vendor application here.
Have a question? Want to learn more? Interested in building something like this in your part of town?