Join KQED and the Gladstone Institutes for a special night of intriguing gut science, fun trivia and prizes hosted by Brainstormer!
What's your gut telling you? It might be hard to face but you are NOT entirely you! The majority of your cells in your body don't have your DNA. They belong to trillions of tiny microbes living in your stomach and on your skin, among other places. Collectively these microorganisms are called your microbiome. So what are these creatures living with you and how might they influence your body and mind?
When: Thursday, June 29, 6:30-8:30pm
Where: SPARK Social SF. The trivia area is located at the rear of the park in a BIG, WHITE TENT. Tent "Doors" Open at 5:45pm. PLEASE plan to arrive no later than 6pm to meet your friends, grab some food, check in and form your trivia teams.
This event is FREE but does NOT include your food and drink purchases.
Jon Brooks, editor of KQED's health-tech blog Future of You
Katie Pollard, senior investigator researching the microbiome at Gladstone
Kat Snow, KQED's senior science editor
Plus, Brainstormer, the popular trivia contest hosts, will be running the trivia rounds!
Tickets and Seating:
- SPACE IS LIMITED! Seating is first come, first served with proof of Eventbrite registration.
- Print your Eventbrite ticket(s) or have your ticket(s) ready to be displayed on your phone.
- Having a ticket gives the ticket holder priority over those on our waitlist and walk-ins until 15 minutes before the event start time.
- SPARK Social SF has a strict policy and will release all unclaimed tickets @ 6:15pm at which point ticketholders and walk-ins will have equal access to remaining seats.
- Those on the waitlist will be accommodated as seating allows.
Admissions and Event Timeline:
- 5:45pm Tent "Doors" Open - Arrive Early to Check out the Food Truck Park and Grab Your Food!
- 6:00pm Get Your Seats and Form Your Trivia Teams*
- 6:15pm Unclaimed Tickets/Seats Released, Final Trivia Teams Formed
- 6:30pm Trivia Night Welcome & Intros with Jon Brooks
- 6:40pm Round 1 Trivia
- 7:00pm Round 2 Trivia
- 7:20pm Kat Snow in Conversation with Katie Pollard + Audience Q&A
- 8:00pm Round 3 Trivia
- 8:20pm Winners Announced & Prizes Collected
- 8:30pm Wrap
*Please note: Individuals are welcome. Ideal team sizes are 4-6 people. Brainstormer will facilitate team formation as guests arrive.